Sunday, October 16, 2011

Informative or Program, on 14th Oct

In the technical class today, I was the presenter. Topics should be anything which concern with my mission. I picked up ' radio program for kids' as a topic. In this program, every time we invite guests from different fields for career talk. The purpose is to widen kids' option for a future job, and I explained th details of this project as a first presenter.

During the presentation, I asked my classmates and teachers for advice in order to make use of it when I work in Malawi. Then heated discussion started. So many questions and advice for the improvement came out that I was overwhelmed. Maybe this is because I haven't participated in serious discussion. Even when I had the chance with European friends in Cameroon, I avoided it, as I didn't know how to have a discussion. So in discussion time, when they were kindly giving me suggestions, I felt confused and even started to feel like I was being blamed with my plan which I could recommend with my confidence. Finally I couldn't cut in the discussion, which made m disappointed with myself. And it lasted more than 20 minutes, although my presentation was only for 15 minutes or so.

After the heated discussion, the teacher told me he reason in summary. My topic was too wide. This is the reason. Other classmates' topics were simple and informative methodology like the strategy regarding how to sell' one more thing.' On the other hand , mine is about whole program, so there are so many points to discuss. My friend told me, as my project was interesting and attractive, they became curious, and they asked so may questions.

Thanks to the positive review, I felt better but the big impact was still with me. Now I consider that I need to get used to discussion itself and what shoud be the right topic which confors to my level.

I feel really gratuful to my classmates and teacher but am worrying about the topic for the next presentation...

No comments:

Post a Comment