Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chiune Sugihara, 杉原千畝, On 10th Oct

In the class in the afternoon regarding International Cooperation, the professor took up the topic of one guy, Chiune Suhihara.

He was the diplomat who issued many visas for transit through Japan to the US for Jewish refugees in 1940 in Lithuania.

At that time the international relationship with Japan and other countries was quite delicate bedore World War 2 started. I admire that he saved more than 6,000 people despite his subtle position, not to follow the instrucction of the foreign ministry coa I guess it is very difficult to do what I beliee is right against a strong atmosphere of opposition, in this case, governmental troops.

In my case, when I was workin in the shipping industry, I was really a workaholic because my ex company expected me to cope with many items. My daily life was absurd due to too much work but I couldn't change it. I just couldn't tell what is good an bad in my life. So I respect Mr. Chiune Sugihara with his strong will and right judgement in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment