Friday, September 23, 2011

Mass preached by Papa, on 18th Sep

It was on Sunday, I went to the church for mass with 15 of students and staffs of ARI. This time, Papa was supposed to preach us the sermon. Papa is from Zimbabwe and he is a pastor. I forgot which part of the bible he was talking about but what he said made me think about my current life.




“We must be in the office, the comfortable place, with rocking chair, clean desk, secretaries who rush into you with a cup of the English tea if we want, maybe on 40th floor of the skyscraper. Maybe you, yourselves know where those places are in your heart. But what we have to do is just to get away from the comfortable place and go down to the ground to listen to the Jesus Christ. He is down there and gives his hands to even the poor and underprivileged. On 40th floor we can get and do only things we want and like. Now get out of your office and face the reality.”



What is my office like? Of course I know what is like by myself. I know in some points I have done many things with laziness, careless for other people and even with immorality. I have thought it would be OK as I am going to Malawi in any way and I can leave all such things in Japan, like covering the pot with leftover of last night and putting it in the cupboard.


What Papa preached this time made me wonder if I would be still immature in this aspect, escaping from the reality and not seeing what is wrong or right.

No comments:

Post a Comment