Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Meeting with Sister Y, on 14th

I am very very happy today!♪  Bacuase I met Sr. Y here in NTC. We have known each other for 4 and a half years since I visited the convent in Chofu , Tokyo in Apr 2007. Now she has been Fukushima since Apr and teaches volunteer work in women's college I guess.

She came to NTC to discuss with NTC's top person. The topic was about how JICA NTC and the college can collaborate. Every year, the university used to invite NTC people for lectures. But this year, they must couldn't due to the disaster of the power plant. So they must have talked about hte plan for next year.

Now let me tell you how we met for the first time. When I was staying in Cameroon for the internship, I met a neighbor, a Canadian sister who spoke Japanese very fluently. She said she used to live in Japan for the mission more than for 13 years and recomended me to visit the convent in Tokyo when I got back to Tokyo. then I met Sr. Y.

Every other months or so, I used to visit her to study how Christian people think and behave, although I'm not Christian. I consulted with her about my everyday life, including my love life, haha, and she advised me on the solution. She is very smart, and her ind is quite flexible despite her age, 60 years old. So I respect her so much!

By a strange coincidence, she was assigned to Fukushima in Apr, and I came here, to NTC. I guess we are quite lucky, and I visited her two weeks ago. At that time she told me she would visit NTC on 14th Nov. I had nver imagined we could meet in NTC when I got a letter from JICA saying my training center was fixed in Nihonmatsu!!

I was soooooo happy to see her again that I was almost crying shen we took photos together in the corridor by the auditorium where I have been suffering from the everyday tough schedule...!!

Surely I will print one of them out and bring it to Malawi.

No comments:

Post a Comment