Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dogs, my biggest problem in Malawi!!!

On 20th Jan


I had a small briefing with JICA staff. It was about my field trip to my office in Mzimba District.
From 30th Jan for a week, I will travel there to take a look at my office, house and the town, basically alone.
Since I passed the JICA interview, I have worried about one critical thing which I told the staff.

Dogs.

From my predecessor, I have hreard that there are many dogs which are not tied with ropes, unlike the ones in Japan. Malawian people have many of them as watchdogs.

When I was a kid, every winter I used to be chased by dogs in Aomori which was really really scarely for me. So it is like trauma.
As I told the staff, she was quite worried about me because we cannot usually help meeting dogs on the street. Although she told me to ask some advice to the volunteer people or the staff in Mzimba about the countermeaure against the dogs, I am really really anxious.

When I travel to Mzimba next week, I will see the situation and what to do with dogs.
Fortunately they are not big, the middle sized ones. So I hope I can manage with them. Otherwise I will have to cancel my assigment and the schedule to go back to Japan will be preponed.
I really really hope I can overcome my biggest weak point!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment